Sunday, February 05, 2006

The Best of Him



This Canadian needs no introduction. His smooth soft rock ballads can be appreciated by anyone in any age group. I(and I’m sure most people in my contemporary generation) have grown up listening to his music as I still remember the 1st music album I ever bought out of my pocket money as a kid was his album ‘So Far So Good’.
I was there for his concert in 2004 at Delhi as well, so it was no surprise that when 4 other friends planned to attend the Bryan Adams’ 3rd Time Lucky concert yesterday evening in Bangalore, I also got myself pulled along.
A good thing about Bangalore(besides the weather) is that whenever an international star performs in India, Bangalore is sure to be a part of the itinerary, the other city mostly being either Bombay or Delhi.
So we reached the venue(Palace Grounds) around 6:00 pm yesterday, but the kilometer long queue at the entrance ensured that we could enter only around 7:30, and by that time the crowd inside had already started growing impatient having to watch the silly advertisements on the huge side screens, and some had started booing as well.
To be a part of a concert of this magnitude is always a treat for your senses. Firstly, the arrangements are state-of-the-art, specially since Mr. Bryan carries his own 10,000 kgs of equipment along in his jet. Next, the huge cheering crowd and the electric atmosphere adds that extra zeal to it. Good we got the front section tickets…bang in front of the stage!
So suddenly around 8:00 pm, the entire group jumped together onto the stage and started rocking. The crowd too abruptly broke into a hysteria, with the female majority breaking out into shrieks of ‘I love you Bryan’ and catcalls and whistles.
Among the 1st few songs he sang was ‘Open Road’ from his new album, and thereafter it was song after song of soulful numbers from his long list of chartbusters.


He showcased plenty of talent to mesmerize the 50,000 strong crowd, as apart from his youthful voice and soulful lyrics, he could easily juggle between 5 different guitars – 2 accoustic, 2 electric and a Bass guitar, as well as playing the harmonica in between.
An amusing part was when he pointed out to a girl in the crowd and called her up on stage to sing ‘Baby when you’re gone’ along with him. She introduced herself as Shweta and a Software Engineer(not surprising at all!) before breaking into a nervous rendition of the song, which was understandable considering the humungous crowd.

Expectedly, the strongest cheers from the guys came for the 2 numbers- “18 Till I Die” and “Summer of ’69 “
Other amazing numbers he crooned were Run to You, Cuts Like a Knife, The Only Thing That Looks Good on Me, Back to You, Best of Me, Can’t Stop this Thing we Started, Heaven, Cloud # 9, Let’s Make a Night To Remember, Straight from the Heart, and of course Please Forgive Me and Everything I Do.
Phew! Every single song a masterpiece! The guy sang for more than 2 hours non-stop.
The last song ‘Straight From the Heart’ was a beauty as he asked everyone to take out their cellphones and wave them in the dark while singing along, and the scene when viewed on the huge screens was like millions of bluish fireflies swaying to the music.


So which is your favourite Adams’ number?

P.S. – In keeping with my constant endeavor to enlighten the bourgeois with the crème de la crème from the world of entertainment, I’ve launched 2 new links on the right sidebar….1 would contain my favoured review of the last movie I watched, and another a downloadable link for a song along with it’s lyrics.
Since this has been a Bryan week, so I’m putting up my fav Bryan song for now.

21 comments:

Shikha said...

Everything I do is my fav..i lovve this song:)

Anonymous said...

dude that was a great review of yesterdays concert but you got one fact wrong. the first song he sang was "room service" and not "open road". but it was a great concert. can't wait for the next one.

rebel_on_loose said...

Shikha ->
Hey...Everything i do is definitely among his best...gud pick! :)

Anonymous ->
Dude/Babe thnx for ur review of my review...but if u read carefully i've written "among the 1st few songs" precisely coz i'd forgotten which was the exact 1st one...thnx for reminding me though!Me waiting for the next 1 too!

Anonymous said...

I hate it when all those rock stars come to india after their career is over in the 'west'... guess my children 'll get to attend a metallica concert...
:((
dint mean to spoil the mood..but thts how I feel!!!

the_ego_has_landed said...

I think "i wanna be ur underwear" is such a romantic and non-cliche song..one o my fav. and "the only thing that looks good on me..." awesome!:)

Jewel Rays said...

Awesome post REbel!!!

Bryan adams..man worth da money man..:D

he could easily juggle between 5 different guitars – 2 accoustic, 2 electric and a Bass guitar, as well as playing the harmonica in between.

DREAM MAN! haha...I've always gone goo goo ga ga about guys who rock in the musical instruments. And listening to that above statement just made me go WOW. between i am not surprise. Bryan is known for his musical skills and orginality and his songs always holds some sort of trademark and originality. This guy can rock and rock with his own style of music.And that voice of his one of a kind. You know its him when he sings..haha..Some friends of mine find it sexy..*smiles* haha

His music neva seem to grow old to my ears.

Baby when You're gone...>>lucky girl he called up..GOSH!! haha

have you ever loved a women?

Everything I do, i do it for You

Cloud No. 9

And there was one he sang with babara streisand ..

And more....

So there u go...

CHEERS!!

Glad u enjoyed da concert! :)

rebel_on_loose said...

EvenFlow ->
Well frankly i really don't care much about how their careers r doing in the west...all tht matters to me is whether they're able to entertain with their 'talents' or not...and this guy easily accomplished that! :)
Cya!


The_Ego_Has_Landed ->
Hehe...."I wanna be" is surely an erotic and unconventional song...very hummable too..."The Only thing that looks gud on me"...of course perhaps his most stylish number yet! :)
Ciao!


Kiran ->
Hey...nice to know ur list....mine is pretty similar except the order...
"have u ever loved a woman..."
"everything i do ..."
"the only thing that looks good on me"
"please forgive me..."

True,he's an awesome singer and his voice has a unique smoothness to it.
TC!



My_UnVeilings ->
Nice pic...thnk u ma'am!
True...the man was absolutely worth the money woman! :)
Truly the guy is hugely talented...
with a rich voice and an evergreen style which can never grow old.
Glad 2 know ur list too...mine is pretty similar(above).
Thank u...yea i really had a gr8 time!
:)
Cheers!

Jewel Rays said...

Great to know that Rebel..GOSH U are so lucky..haha! and great to know that we sorta share the same taste in his songs..Haha..

ROCK ON!!!

LOVE IT When they rock!

CHEERS ! good day eh!

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

i have been a B.A fan for as long as i can remember ...

one of my fav songs is : " star ", and " We gotta win " .... , " Run to you " ...

and the best one : " dont give it up " ... awesome song this :)

thanx for the pics :)

My Ramblings... said...

Lucky lucky you! Sigh!
I love his "inside out"
"lets make a night"
"all for love"
I love most of his song actually. :)

sebia said...

If i say tht i am not very much in 2 english muzik..will u kill me?
cuz i feel as lost talking abt muzik as asking tarzan 2 discuss
abt LAKME FASHION WEEK).
everything i do ,i do it fr u..
i find tht song soo soothing..
summer of 69 also nice..
but no matter how much i try..i cant evade muzik..cuz my father is a muzik buff..and u wont imagine we have speakers all around in the house,from pool side to bathrooms..and even in the kitchen:(so its soo hard to miss any muzik wave,frm reaching ur ears:)
glad u enjoi my weird humor..atleast smbdy does:P
tc

Nisha said...

Summer of 69!!!
Nothin can beat that :)

rebel_on_loose said...

My_UnVeilings ->
:) Yea Amy...great 2 know v share a similar taste in music!
"Rock On!"
Absolutely !!
Cheers 2 u 2 and g'nite now!!


Deepa ->
Yea Deepa he's among the best singers the west has produced..."Run to you" is kewl and "Don't give it up" is so damn inspiring!
Ur most welcome :)
TC!


My_Ramblings ->
:) yea i guess u cud say tht!
"Inside out"! I'd completely forgotten abt tht 1! Definitely among the best lyrics...
True....like i said...each song's a beauty.:)
Ciao!


Sebia ->
Lol, i'd planned to kill u but then u wrote such a sweet comment tht wud turn even a tiger a vegetarian.
Lol@Tarzan and Lakme fashion week!
Well i know 1 similarity....both have a scarcity of clothes!;)
Haha..."Hard to miss any muzik wave from reaching ur ears".
Whoa u got speakers even at poolside and kitchen! Ur dad's a true muzik buff i guess!
Nah...u know ur sense of humour is amazing Sebia...now don't b modest.
:)
TC!!


Icy ->
"Summer of 69" is definitely among his best dance numbers!
:)
TC n NJoy!

De.vile said...

The only one i heard is cloud 9. And that doesnt get outta your head, really.

Been sometime since I came here but that doesnt mean you go ahead and call Barret a constipated horse. :)

still_figuring_out said...

brayn adams!

he is awesome.

"Everything I do, i do it for You"

again, he is awesome!

Urvashi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Urvashi said...

You are soooo lucky! I had wanted to go too when he'd come to Bombay, but no such luck :(

My fav Bryan Adams song is "Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman?" The lyrics are damn good!

"When you see her unborn children in her eyes..." --- How romantic is that?? :)

My other favs are:
Back To You
Everything I Do

rebel_on_loose said...

Deepa ->
:)


De.Vile ->
Welcome back...long time!Cloud #9 is gud...but don't tell me u ain't heard any other!
And Sid Barret does look like a constipated horse. :)


Still_Figuring_Out ->
Hey thr...yes ma'am, he IS awesome...agreed. :)
'Everthing i do' is awesome too!


Phoenix_Rises ->
Damn...2 bad u missed it in bombay...maybe u'll get lucky next time! :)
"Have u ever" is my personal fav too...
though the 1st time i heard the lyrics is found this line funny..."When you see her unborn children in her eyes..."...hehe...
i can't imagine walking down the road and seeing my unborn children in sum1's eyes! Lol....
Though i find it romantic now!
:)

TC n Ciaoo!!

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

:))))))))))))))))))))))))))

* bhoot smile *

rebel_on_loose said...

Deepa ->
:))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Haha.

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read »