Friday, February 24, 2006

The Eye of The Tiger


I’m not a violent person by nature, on the contrary, I see myself as among the most jovial and fun-loving persons around. But then calmness should not be misconstrued for weakness, and if I’m deliberately provoked and rubbed the wrong way, then I’d have to admit I’m not a Gandhi follower to simply turn the other cheek, and I would ensure that the inciter would get a swift and befitting reply.
Despite being physically capable, God knows I’ve never ever been a bully or tried to misuse my strength over anybody, but at the same time I can never be a passive witness to someone else bullying anybody.
The last time I remember losing my cool was in the summer of 2003 in my college hostel. Our college was quite close to the Delhi – Ghaziabad border, and Ghaziabad is notorious for it’s high crime rate and politico – criminal nexus.
Our college also had the best of the crowd from the country, and we had very popular parties every month which inevitably invited some unwanted attention from the local miscreants as well. On the eve of one such party I was casually taking a stroll down the college canteen when a speeding car screeched to a halt barely inches away from me. I walked upto the window thinking it might be a friend while it turned out to be two drunk guys who immediately started hurling a volley of abuses down my way and threatened me saying they were the nephews of one D.P. Yadav (A politician and local mafia don). Before I could react and pull them out they sped further inside the campus.
I had never been subjected to this kind of humiliation ever before, and it was enough to send all the testosterone in my blood pumping. I quickly ran to the only gate of our campus and asked the guard to immediately lock the gate and not let anybody out until I said so. Now the car came back to the gate in a few minutes where I already stood waiting for them. They both came out and stood bang opposite me staring me straight in the eye, and I too returned the favour.( proper filmi style)
They were careful not to utter one more offensive word this time, and I was determined that if they did, I would’ve immediately started pounding their heads. A crowd of students had already started gathering, but I was surprised that not even a one of those rich spoilt brats had the balls to join me against those hooligans. Two of my junior femmes from the crowd shouted they had misbehaved with them as well, besides roughing up a lot of guys earlier.
Now I asked the guard to call up the police which turned their faces pale and they started imploring to get the gate opened. It became obvious to me now that they were bluffing (Yadav’s kins would’ve had the police in their pockets) and I asked them to apologise to me and those females or else I would hand them over to the police.
This standoff continued till almost another half hour but the bloody police never arrived ( I guess they were scared of the mafia themselves) but ultimately those goons did publicly apologise and said they would never enter our campus again, and indeed they were never seen after that.
I was reminded of this incident now since I’m facing a similar situation at work these days which sometimes boils my blood to similar levels, though now the battle has taken a corporate angle.
My current nemesis who is a senior in my team is using similar bullying tactics on me and is mainly responsible for botching up my appraisal as well as the reason why I’m having to sip filter coffee here rather than French wine at a chateau near the French Riviera.
Until now he’s been engaging me in a verbal duel through scornful emails copied to our boss as well, and now that he’s coming back I can’t wait to have a tête-à-tête with him in the meeting with our boss next week.
So he can talk The Talk (so can I and maybe a gazillion times better than him), now let me see if he can walk The Walk!

Risin' up, back on the street
Did my time, took my chances
Went the distance, now I'm back on my feet
Just a man and his will to survive

So many times, it happens too fast
You change your Passion for Glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive

It's the Eye of the Tiger, it's the cream of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge of our rival
And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night
And he's watchin' us all in the Eye of The Tiger

(I cut this portion from my pic, enlarged it and converted it to black n white....lol it's funny how ferocious it looks now though it had a smile beneath!)


22 comments:

SeePearrl said...

hmm...All the best :) hope you have a similar success as you had earlier :)

jugni said...

lolz,
now thats almost killers instinct.
all the best

Urvashi said...

People should really think twice, thrice, four times before crossing you! :D

The pic looks quite formidable!

Nisha said...

Office... Corporate world... Rebel, believe me, I understand exactly what u are going thru. I have learnt that it happens everywhere... there are snakes who are waiting to pull us down. Anger is not really the solution. Rather one has to learn to play his/her cards well. I hv just 2 yrs of work experience, but I have had quite a bad experience during my first year. It all started with the appraisal. Even though I am a good worker, I was just trapped into getting the lowest rating. Well this year, I had to learn the hard way.. I had to learn to take each step carefully. I'm sorry that u missed out on an on-site chance.... but u know blackmailing ur PM would work like a charm... forget the ass-licker who is in France... target ur PM and all the very best...!

Let me know how things work out for u :)

Cheers!
PS: How abt a full view of the tiger ;)

Keshi said...

ok Im in love ;-)

u have very inviting eyes...wow!

forget those bullies...dun even bother wasting ur breath on them...ur a gentleman n they r not...so just dun spend time or energy on such idiots...

Shikha said...

Hmm..i hate people who are around only to demotivate you..and unless I either give them a piece of my mind or crib to a friend about them,I cant rest

still_figuring_out said...

well, good luck in the meeting, tiger!

rebel_on_loose said...

White_Forest ->
Well thank u ! Yea i hope the same as well! :)


Jugs ->
Hehe well yea u cud say tht i guess...and it's required in the corporate jungle as well!


Phoenix Rises ->
Oh yea they better shud! ;)
Ah...formidable! Well thnx! :)


Icy ->
I agree Icy...anger won't do any help here...maybe 1 shud learn to play their cards well...but then sumtimes u do tend to lose ur temper with such politics.
Yea i think i'd better concentrate on my PM and take her into confidence.
Thnx a ton i'll surely let u know how this goes!
P.S. - Sure maybe at the opportune time! ;)

Keshi ->
Ah i'm blushing now! (JK) :D
Must say Keshi u look like a bombshell with dreamy eyes urself!
Thnx a ton for reminding me to b a gentleman and not 2 waste my time on such nitwits....i'll try my best to keep a level head in such situations!
:)


Shikha ->
Yup exactly i do too Shikha...and the weirdo in this case is actually trying his best to put me
down...and i'm definitely gonna give him a piece of mind very soon!


Still_Figuring_Out ->
Well...thank u very much madam!
:)



TC All n Cheerz!!

the_ego_has_landed said...

hey too cool!! u scared those bullies without any physical move! i respect that! and u go for this 'talk'! all the best!!:)

Anonymous said...

I agree with what icyblue has said. BE CAREFUL in this dirty world called corporate. Act with finasse and sophistication. Play his own card and never ever appear emotional. I hope I am not annoying you by writing all this. I read your other posts too, the tagged one and the four letter word. Its good that you have not deleted that mail.It says a lot about real love. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Keshi said...

dream eyes..ooo lala :):)

Keshi.

My Ramblings... said...

I hope you dont loose your cool...when you meet the guy. Handle it with finesse which I am sure you are capable of and let him keep wondering..."did he insult me or did he just praise me in front of the boss..."! :)

Devilish Angel said...

Good pics...

Nisha said...

Ur PM is a ladyy... Man what are u waiting for... take ur plunge... girls are always soft to guys.. Basic theory of life ;) And ya.. i kinda agree the politics can be really pissing off..! All the best... :)

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

Hey ....

it always happens ... i have lost my temper at my colleague for some derogatory comments she made. ..

i just feel like running away .. but wherever i go , these issues will be there ...

all the best ...

and yes , the snap does look very ferocious !

rebel_on_loose said...

The_Ego_Has_Landed ->
Thank u Rohini...yea i did :)
Thnx for the wishes...i had that talk and have decided to move to another project!And i'm happy now! :)


Alka ->
Hey thnx for the advice.True 1 should never b emotional...oh cmon it can never b annoying.Thnx for reading my other posts as well and for the appreciation!
:)


Keshi ->
Oh yea sweetie.... :))


My_Ramblings ->
Heyy there....i didn't lose my cool...just like u said...i indirectly insulted him,and told my boss i wanted out of the team coz of him. And now i'm happy! :)



Vanathi ->
Thank u ma'am :)


Icy ->
Hehe... yea Icy i know it's easier to charm them ;) ... but now i've asked for a change to a different project!Hopefully things wud b better now! :)


Deepa ->
Hey Deepa! I agree such issues r commonplace these days...the sooner v learn to deal with them the better!
Ah...so i scared u hun ! :p


TC ALL !!!

Keshi said...

aww u called me Sweetie...u know wut, that was adorable :)

Keshi.

Jewel Rays said...

Those eyes sure can align with that of the tiger..Wow..

Everyone has their buttons pressed in a while. Let not ya tolerance level be exceeded overtime. LEst it be handle with a cool head and not a rough edge that pierce a heart. :)

Cheers !

rebel_on_loose said...

Keshi ->
Thank u sweeetie! ;)


Jewel_Rays ->
Well....i guess so !
True my 'button' has been pressed and now i've to try not to exceed my tolerance level.
Oh no rough edges to pierce any hearts here...i'm all smoooth! ;)

Cheers!

Jewel Rays said...

smooth is good..:)

Kishley (Dolly Sapra) said...

Its the same wit me i cant tolerate such behaviour and hypocrisy and unjustice to someone.. though would have never tried that stunt on those guys myself.. lol.. your eyes do look aggresive.. :)

rebel_on_loose said...

Jewel_Rays ->
Oh yeaa sure it is ;)


Kishley ->
Gud Kishley hypocrisy and injustice shud never b tolerated.
Well i'm not all that agressive usually. ;)