Thursday, May 11, 2006

Guilty As Charged



YES your honour, I do plead guilty to the charge of taking up too many tags in recent times (* In Sunny Deol’s “Tareekh pe tareekh” ^4 dialogue’s tone *)
Now please allow the defendant to throw further light on some of the points mentioned by the public prosecutor-cum-tagger Ms. Ramblings :


Culinary Guilt:

Hmmm well yea kindof….though my entire khandaan is a vegetarian yet I’ve given in to the pleasures of the flesh on some occasions since last year, and yes I did find the “reshmi kababs” to taste better than anything I’d had in the vegetarian platter. Having said that, I still prefer vegetarian on 14 days in a fortnight, and my future culinary status would most probably depend on my partner, since I have no qualms about either foods right now.
Oh, and I still have to learn to cook stuff beyond Maggie noodles. I’ve promised my mom next time I visit home I’m gonna learn a minimum of ‘chapattis’, ‘paranthas’ and ‘pulao’ (a promise I’ve been making since the last 2 years).


Literary Guilt:
Well OF COURSE yes. I’m a self confessed bibliophile – all my friends would vouch for it. Whenever I visit any mall here the 1st shop I attack is the book store and normally my friends have to drag me out of it.
Such is the extent of this addiction that I’ve ended up buying at least 8 new books recently which have been piled up at home and I’m yet to start devouring them. Then there are some or the other amazing new titles I keep hearing about everyday….somehow I’ve managed to hold myself back till I finish the ones already pending.

Audiovisual Guilt:
Well this time I’m guilty of NOT seeing enough movies lately….even though I might’ve already seen enough for a lifetime (over 200 dvd-rips in my collection). Still I do manage 1 movie in a theatre per fortnight.
As for TV, I just hit 3 channels on my remote…. CNN-IBN for primetime news, VH1 for the classic videos, and History channel for the Biography show.

Musical Guilt:
Ummm nahh no guilts here. I know the kinda music I like(from almost all genres) and I have it both on my PC at home as well as at work. So no wonder I’m mostly found with my headphones on at work.
But yes, I do have to get myself either an IPod or an mp3 cellphone soon.

Celebrity Guilt:
Well I’m certainly not the kinds to go screaming if I see or meet any celebrity. Though I do look upto Mr. Amitabh Bachhan for his overpowering personality, his acting prowess and the way he speaks with his command over both English and Hindi.
In college I used to have only wallpapers of the supermodel Laetitia Casta on my desktop (around 200 of them!)…..and I’ve put up 1 of them here!

Shopping Guilt:
Hmmm well if I see something I like(and need), I don’t think too much about it and would go for it. But yes, I’m biased towards seasonal sales and discounts….and prefer to do most of my shopping during these times.

Clothes guilt:
Nahh….I’m satisfied with my wardrobe. Though I do feel guily that ever since I started working, I’ve been able to wear the ultra casuals only on weekends.


Is there more??...

Bad Critic Guilt:
I do find it hard to criticize anything/anyone…. And somehow always look for the good points even in the worst. I do realize that this is detrimental at times and sometimes you just have to be blunt with some people, but hey I’m working on it.

Procrastinating with job guilt:
YES. This is the single biggest guilt that I have right now - even though I know I have to switch my job, I don’t understand what is preventing me from applying to new companies, especially since the Indian IT sector is real Hot right now. On that note, I’ll go and at least update my CV right now.


Well with that I rest my case. I also refuse to divulge the names of other fellow bloggers who might be guilty of the same charge, and leave it to their conscience to surrender before the honourable court and declare their personal guilts.

19 comments:

My Ramblings... said...

Finally!! :D

My Ramblings... said...

Finally!! :D

My Ramblings... said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SeePearrl said...

"In Sunny Deol’s “Tareekh pe tareekh” ^4 dialogue’s tone"

Best dialogue!

sebia said...

hi jii..
another tag:P
(death by tags)
ok..i dont like sunny deol much..so dont know abt his dialogues..though i like bobby deol..quite a bit..so i wont comment abt his dialogue..
issay kehtay hain ser mundatay hee oolay...dudde..learn sm ez stuff frst..and thn shift on 2 tht horrible stuff called chappatties..

though i find..cooking totaly therapeutic..(cuz i love cooking)i find cleaning afterwards totally chaotic:0(obviously,,cuz of the mess i make..
and i hate making chappatties so much..tht i am contemplating abt having a deed written by moi future would be..whoever the grave heart gonna be..tht he will never ever ask me to make chaapppatties fr him...dang..BAS KEH DIYa NA..:P

i can give u sm zaberdast recipies and..sm great pointers abt cooking..if u promise 2 bribe me with 10 comments on moi every post:P
i am a complete movie buff..moi self..this weekend..me and papa went and bough 45 dvds..hes a complete muzik buff though..and we have as many systems ..in our house..mayb more then the residents..:p
and he has put speakers every where..even in bathrooms and pool area..:P
aha ulike reading books...good good..:)
its nice to know smbdy..refuses to be critical..2wards all and none..be tht way..dont change:)
tc

Shikha said...

Only yesterday I counted all the books my fiance and I have ..counted upto 70 :D..all bought in the last one year

Keshi said...

Rebz I share many guilts with ya...especially the last one..goshh even I need a change of jobs but I dunno why im not doing it...procrastination seems to have settled well in my head these days :)

Keshi.

Jewel Rays said...

LOL abt da books. Gosh are you serious??? Wow..This is a first hearing about someone who have titles hitting his ears everyday and tempted to get them. but it shure is a good think the reading. you must be a great brainy when it comes to knowledge! GREAt stuff Rebelz..

:) Interesting post surely!!!


And she is hot..on ya post!! ;) 200 pics of her mind you! haha!

Jewel Rays said...

She has got beautiful hair and dun mind ma spelling mistake on the last comment. wonder what was i thinking?? GOSH! a TOtal RUmble!

rebel_on_loose said...

My_Ramblings ->
Yup sweetie....FINALLY! :D
Err...but u cud've mentioned sumthing more than that!
:)


Sudhir ->
Yea man....2 bad i'm still waiting for don't-know-what. Posted the updated CV on naukri.com though!


White_Forest ->
Hehe....yea i'm sure it ranks in top 10 dialogues of Hindi movies! :p



Sebia ->
Welcome Sebia jee....yea almost gagged by tags :p
Arrey u haven't heard this dialogue! It's from the movie "Damini" where Sunny paaji plays an advocate and screams in the court...."Your honour....TARREKH PE TAAREEKH, TARREKH PE TAAREEKH, TARREKH PE TAAREEKH, TARREKH PE TAAREEKH milti rahi, lekin INSAAF nahi mila!"
Hehe....do check it out.
Hmm thnx for the suggestion regarding learning sumthing eazy first...Lol@ur future 'graveheart' wannabe and the deed of never making chapatti's! Hmmm now that wud require sum serious negotiation....but i guess "Bus Keh Diya Na" wud give the final ultimatum. :p
Zabardast recipies....wah Sebia jee nekee aur pooch pooch! Bus 10 comments as the bribe....aapne keh diya to samjho ho gaya. :>
Movies n music....gr8 2 know u enjoy them too....yea u've told me abt these speakers at ur poolside....damn u lucky gal....private pool n all....SAHI hai boss.
I can't help but be that way Sebia jee....even i hope i don't change too much. :)
TC.



Shikha ->
Ahaan 70 books b/w u and Kannan! Now that's impressive! I've managed only about 27 or so since last year....
I knew u were a book lover as well... :)



Keshi ->
Awww Keshi aren't v all guilty at sumthing or the other!
Job change....yea baby do it now! Do NOT Procrastinate. (Look who's talking) :p



Amy ->
Hehe thnx Amy....yea i don't know abt being brainy n stuff but yes i do enjoy gud books a lot...they always keep me occupied....and of course increase the awareness as well!
Yup she is indeed among the most beautiful models around ever...hehe no wonder u too committed a typo looking at her,huh! ;)


TC and Njoy the week ppl!

Keshi said...

lol yeah look who's talking :):)

Keshi.

the_ego_has_landed said...

nice tag...but too much too think n write,I wouldnt have been able to do it..at least not now...lol.. my brain aint working from lack of sleep...
but was fun to read!:)

Nirwa Mehta said...

I'm guilty of chasing that stray dog with a hockey stick in my hand..

And throwing stones at those annoying birds - those seven sisters or whatever htey're called - all of them want to shout at the same time and there are always 7 of them in a group

and.. shouting random curses at those beggars at the crossroads!

And.. missing reading this post - I never got the updates on my blog.. Hmm..

Nice post there! :D

Nirwa

sebia said...

ok..u are still choking after the gagging tags..or managed to survive ur way out:P
grr i find sunny deol 2 much to dgest..so plsssss noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..
lol..talk abt prenup:P
oh ho..so start frm now on wards@ 10 comments per post:P(whole day u do tht in ur office..and by the end..u will have no office..to do tht:P)
waisay..1 q outta sheer curiousity..frm where did u land on my blog?frst time?
tc

rebel_on_loose said...

Keshi ->
Hehe :D


Ego ->
Yea i can imagine wht with exams n all happening it must b real hectic huh.... hope all is going great and all the best for the rest ! And Thank u ... :)



Nirwa ->
Lol@ 7 annoying sisters....
But yea uR guilty of reading this 2 late... neva mind....like they say... 'Der Aaye,Durust Aaye'. :)
PhankU !



Sebia ->
Hehe kya batayein Sebia jee... i guess i'm a survivor :D
Lol i never said i liked Sunny Deol... but yea only this dialogue ws amusing.
Yeaa rite.... already i try 2 squeeze out time for the covert operation of blogging.... 10 comments ho gaya then i'll seriously have no office left to do even that. :p
Hmmmm they say curiosity killed the cat :p ..... kidding... i guess i ws just bloghopping and probably i hopped onto urs from Aarzoon's blog... :)


TC!

Anonymous said...

I am sure things have changed for you over time. I must admit that your blog is very well written and is quiet informative and entertaining. All the best!!!

Anonymous said...

car accident insurance
geico car insurance
affordable car insurance
instant car insurance quote
car insurance group
buy car insurance
admiral car insurance
tesco car insurance
buy car insurance
car insurance group
aaa car insurance
progressive car insurance
instant car insurance quote
instant car insurance quote
online auto insurance quote
buy car insurance
auto cheap insurance
car insurance rats
washington car insurance
new jersey car insurance
progressive car insurance quote
car insurance coverage
car insurance for mexico
california car insurance
car insurance
nationwide car insurance
cheap car insurance for young driver
car insurance quote
low cost car insurance
compare car insurance rate

http://cheap-car-insurance.quickfreehost.com

Random Keyword: :)
low car insurance

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Graphics card windows 2000 used land rover Homemade recipe for eczema Accutane back pain Clip free hardcore movie sex Rebuilt washer timers B&b mototcylces flower clip art avante garde lexus 2003 Vito x games

Anonymous said...

tramadol online buy tramadol 24x7 - order tramadol usa