Wednesday, January 25, 2006

For Your Eyes Only






Yes, as I earlier said, sometimes a picture can say more than a thousand words. I’ve always been fascinated with beautiful images, and the first thing I invested in after getting my first salary was a good digital camera. Like they say, boys do love their toys, and for me there are just 2 of them right now…my Enfield Thunderbird and a Sony Cybershot P73.

“A Thing of Beauty is a Joy Forever”. The phrase couldn’t be more aptly applied to than beautiful Imagery – “Kodak Moments” that freeze all the special times of our lives in a frame, to be cherished and remembered time and again. It’s sometimes really fascinating to think how these images might probably outlast not just our lifetimes, but that of our entire generations, since technology has advanced so rapidly in the last few decades that humanity born a century ago wouldn’t have imagined in it’s wildest dreams. Imagine having to see real-life images of legends like Cleopatra, Marie Antoinette, Mumtaz Mahal or even the inspiring Napolean, Alexander or Ashoka.

I remember hearing somewhere that if you have to appreciate the gift of sight, try putting yourself in the shoes of a person who has been born blind, and who has never been able to see the flawless beauty of a coastal sunrise, the mesmerizing mist of mountains, the varied hues of a fully blossomed garden in spring, or just the elegance of a beautiful smile.
And maybe then, we would stop taking this God’s gift for granted and start appreciating the beauty in His most simple creations.

I’m not a photographer in any sense of the word, but ever since laying my hands on this wonderful technological toy and going through it’s manual, I’ve tried to make as optimum a use of it as possible.

I’m sharing some of the pictures I’ve been able to capture through this during the last year and a half.

Check them out at your expediency: My Collection so far
(There are 4 different albums in the link)

19 comments:

still_figuring_out said...

oh. the picture above is of a palaca in bangalore, huh. what is the name of the palace? you have some lovely shots in your albums. i like the picture of the princess.

Jewel Rays said...

sometimes a picture can say more than a thousand words.

*smiles*

So true indeeds. I love pics that speaks emotions..I dun why..juz draws me...and allow it to speak more than just words as u have noted.

thats a beautiful pic all lighted up..WOW..*smiles*

Cheers to ya "Enfield Thunderbird" and "a Sony Cybershot P73"

Dewdrop said...

Congrats for acquiring your new toy. You've done a great job so far. Look forward to more picturesque posts

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

pictures speak a lot ... dont they ???

i guess this is the mysore palace ... right ?
or am i wrong ?

btw , am adding u to my friends list ... way too tough to read ur post thru ur profile ... easier to get thru with a single click ... am i making sense here ???

rebel_on_loose said...

Still_Figuring_Out ->
Hey...that's the pic of the famous Mysore Palace which was all lit up for the festival of Dushehra.Thnx for the appreciation ma'am, yea wasn't the princess just the perfect picture of elegance! :)
TC!


My_UnVeilings ->
Hey Amy,
"I love pics that speak emotions"
** smiles **
Same Here.
Yea that's among my favourite shots so far.
:)
Thnx a ton for the encouragement!
Ciao!


Sebia ->
Short n Sweet.
Thank You!



DewDrop ->
Thank u madame.
Thnx for letting me know all tht time i spent learning the intricacies of lights n shades didn't go waste afterall.
I'll try my best to keep more coming!
NJoy!


Deepa ->
Hey! Yea absolutely they do!
And No, you're not at all wrong. :)
I took it in Oct 2004,just after i got tht cam. "easier to get thru with a single click"....u cudn't make more sense! :)
Thnx a lott!
TC n NJoy!

Shikha said...

I love clicking away..be it on my mob camera,or my olympus IS500..or my digital:)..i once bought a book on photography..pretty good

rebel_on_loose said...

Shikha ->
Great 2 know yet another shooter!;)
Book on photography...whoa...u seem even more of a pro with this...now u gotta share ur collection sumtime as well! :)
TC!!

Unknown said...

Continue on the same lines I'm sure u'll end up being a pro soon!
i LOVED THE LAKE AND THE PRINCESS!

Rashmi.

Khushi said...

//sometimes a picture can say more than a thousand words

Check the Princess photo :D

rebel_on_loose said...

Maybe pics from the other 3 albums got missed out,so now i've added all pics to a single collection





RandomThoughts ->
Thank u for the encouragement Rashmi.
Yea, those 2 were definitely among the best...especially the princess. :)
Thnx for dropping by!


Khushi ->
Hehe....isn't tht face and style synonymous with grace and elegance ?
:D


alive_n_confused ->
Well...thank u !

My Ramblings... said...

I have always liked taking pictures.
Evere since I underwent a photography course in college I have been hooked. :)
I rather be behind the lens than before it. lol. :D

Nisha said...

Awesome job buddy!!! Do keep clicking more !!

the_ego_has_landed said...

hey neat pic man!! I read ur tag too..and was sweet..esp the wild one lol..

I'll check the other pics soon! I love photography too...that's why I had put up the pic of them oranges on my blog..ehhehe..
I wanna pursue it when I get richER lol;p
cheers and all the best with your hobby..or is it more than tat?:)

rebel_on_loose said...

My_Ramblings ->
Hey thr ma'am...whoa u've undergone a fotography course! Damn now v have 3 shooters here!;)
Hey u too put up ur collection sumtime...
Hehe....i'm sure u don't mind coming in front of the lens once in a while :>
TC!!

Icy ->
Thank u ma'am! Sure wud try 2 do my best!
NJoy!


The_Ego_Has_Landed ->
Lol...thank u Ego...yea guess it was a lil'wild ;) Oh kewlso u too into this fotography thing hun...sure take it up wen u can!
It's just a hobby at least 4 now...
:)
TC!!

Priyanka said...

Your pictures of the palace are beautiful. Photography is my newly found passion too. Do check out my blog: http://psb2006.blogspot.com

rebel_on_loose said...

Hey PSB...thnx for the appreciation....gud 2 know 1 more blogger into fotography...i'll surely chk it out!
Thnx n TC!

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
» » »

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... hiking + tips Venlafaxine xr rubbermaid shelves Ge adora dishwasher installing Lipitor joint pain fingers Pamela anderson birthdate Paris hilton phone message lesbian flag Renault laguna original alloy daytona beach best golf clubs for women ibu ibu lesbian Morocco girls sex promotional items and business card holders and acrylic http://www.hairyoidwomen.info/shelesbo.html volvo rv club